EMT - Fargo
Can I take this course for college credit?
Yes. You can register with North Dakota State College of Science for college credits.
How much does the EMT class cost?
The course costs are: Deposit $100, Main fee $760 and lab $100 for tuition of $960. Books cost about $193 and testing fees (optional, paid at the end of the course) are about $210. All prices are subject to change.
Costs for college credit are set by your college.
When are EMT classes held?
There are three EMT classes each year:
- Fall - usually starts in mid-August and ends in mid-December; meets T & TH nights from 6–10 PM. Lectures are Thursday nights with labs on Tuesday nights. If you live outside the F-M metro area, you can attend lectures via webconference and attend labs on select Saturdays.
- Spring - usually starts in mid-January and ends in late April; meets T & TH nights from 6–10 PM. Lectures are Tuesday nights with labs on Thursday nights. If you live outside the F-M metro area, you can attend lectures via webconference and attend labs on select Saturdays.
- Summer - This course is held "boot camp" style. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8:30AM to 5 PM for 8 weeks.
Are there any pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites for the EMT class. You do need to be an EMT before you can enter the paramedic program.
How do I sign up for EMT class?
Prior to the start of class, a non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve a position in the class. The deposit is part of the tuition and the remaining balance is due before the first night of class. All can be paid online or by cash (sorry, no checks). Books may be purchased at F–M Ambulance by calling (701) 364-1750.
Ensure you sign up for all three classes and that the sessions match (Deposit for Fall, Lab for Fall, Main for Fall, etc.).
- EMT Deposit: Link to SanfordLearn (or search for ci-5800)
- EMT Main: Link to SanfordLearn (or search for ci-5801)
- EMT Lab: Link to SanfordLearn (or search for ci-5802) For Fall and Spring EMT classes, you need to pick either the Thursday night lab or the Saturday lab option. There is only one choice for the summer bootcamp lab.
What is the job outlook for EMTs?
For job information, visit the US Bureau of Labor Statistics: EMTs.
All prices and dates are subject to change.